CGF gripes; was -> Re: Why are Windows paths broken in make 3.81?

Mark Fisher wrote:
On 7/24/06, Joachim Achtzehnter <joachima@netacquire.com> wrote:
This sarcastic response to one sentence out of a much longer post quoted in
isolation suggests that a clarification is in order.

here here! i'd like to add that i'm getting fed up of reading sarcastic comments from cgf since i rejoined the mailing list.

this particular gem:

I assumed the compiled program would work in a bash
shell but it only works in a dos shell-its too late to
worry about why that is. I miss unix.

Yeah, things work a lot better in a dos shell on unix.
( http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2006-07/msg00682.html )

the sole comment to an entire post sums up for me a very
arrogant attitude towards people with less knowledge who
need help.

this forum (i hope) was never meant as a personal sarcasm
area and to read it it's very annoying.

if you don't have something constructive to say, lay off laying
into people.

For your own peace of mind while reading the list, put a :-) or
;-) after everything you read from cgf and it becomes hilarious.
As it turns out, that's sometimes even the intent. ;-)

Since a continuation of the thread in this new direction is really
off-topic for this list, I'd suggest if you have a follow-up that
you'd like to make or if there are others that would like to, it's
best to <http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#TITTTL>.   I've reset the "Reply-To"
to facilitate the move.

Holliston, MA 01746