Can't scp to a server running cygwin

Unable to scp to my server running cygwin
Description
I have a Windows 2003 server with Cygwin 2.510.2.2.
scp works fine when I run the command on the scp server.
When I run scp on a linux machine using cygwin as the destination, the session
locks up:

-bash-2.05b$ scp -p "test1.txt" ITG_user@10.232.248.5:D:/junk/test1.txt
ITG_user@10.232.248.5's password:
bash: no job control in this shell

ITG_user@drwlsw17 ~
$ /bin/ls #(here is where it locks up. I tried /bin/ls, then ^c)
Killed by signal 2.

-bash-2.05b$

As you can see, the source does not have a dns entry for drwlsw17, so I used IP
address.

Any ideas would be helpful.
Thanks,
Ken