Re: Random Permissions Changes

David Greene wrote:
When I started using Cygwin to access files on a Samba-mounted
drive, I suddenly started seeing the UNIX permissions change
randomly.  At one point, every file I owned on the network was
set to mode 700, regardless of whether I accessed the file or
the directory that contained it under Cygwin.

The other day some other files randomly had their execute bit set.

Has anyone seen anything like this before?

Windows apps like to set the execute bit on files. Have any of the files you see this issue with been manipulated by Windows apps?

-- Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office 216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX Holliston, MA 01746