RE: Trying to run VBScript from Cygwin

You are aware when you ssh (or rsh/telnet, etc) into a Windows box using Cygwin that you are using pty's and that many Windows programs don't like pty's.

You might try re-writing that VBScript something more suitable for Cygwin like Perl or something like that.

Thanks for the suggestion. I know very little about Perl but from what I've seen whilst Excel will work the other programme (a CAD package) won't. Have you any other ideas?

I also appreciate that I am running GUI applications but intend to run them in batch in the background and therefore don't need any display to be visible. Not sure if this is an added problem or not. Ideally I want to run everything on my linux box and then fire off an ssh to a Windows box running cygwin to do the bits that don't exist on linux.

Sorry about the disclaimer. Forgot it was going to be there. I've now moved to a non-work address to stop it happening. Didn't see anything that says it's against site policy so sorry.

Thanks for your help,

Steve