Re[2]: Gdb and debug symbol in pdb

> Perhaps implicit in Brian's response, there is little incentive for
> anyone to do this, since generation of .pdb by open source compilers
> will not be permitted.  The obstacles to full functioning of .pdb with
> commercial 3rd party compilers are high enough.

Certanly! .pdb doesn't documented very well :-). Moreover, microsoft
changes its internal structures from version to version.

But, my point is to use gdb as alternative to microsoft windbg. In my case
I prefer GDB because of its open standards. Also I suppose GDB has
enough functionality to write something like extenstions, macroses to
enhance the specific analysis.

Sergey.