How to run X Session from RH8 via ssh -X? How to run vnc via ssh?

Thanks for all the help so far. I hope this will be a 100%
cygwin-mailing-list compliant posting.

(1) I read the description of TOFU and I still don't understand it. I don't
understand what I am doing wrong. If I want to quote a previous posting,
should I not put the quoted text first and then my response?

(2) For reasons I don't understand, there was a conflict between my router's
sshd and my cygwin's sshd so I resolved the problem by changing the cygwin's
configuration file to start sshd on a different port. Now, using a Red Hat 8
client, I can use both rdesktop and ssh to create two different simultaneous
sessions on my win2003 server.

However, I cannot seem to start an X session from my "ssh  -X -p 892
Administrator@209.22.31.134" session. I tried running "explorer ." and that
just hung. OK, that was not an X program.  Then I tried
/usr/X11R6/bin/xclock and it said it could not open the display. Having
already done a xhost+ <remote wan address> before running ssh I tried export
DISPLAY=<client lan address>:0.0 but that did not help: it still could not
open the display.

Do I need to punch a whole in my client's firewall? I doubt the will let me
do that.

Don't I need to start the xserver? Here is my attempt:
startxwin.bat - Starting on Windows NT/2000/XP/2003^M
Welcome to the XWin X Server
Vendor: The Cygwin/X Project
Release: 6.8.2.0-4

Contact: cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com

XWin was started with the following command line:

/usr/X11R6/bin/XWin -multiwindow -clipboard -silent-dup-error

_XSERVTransmkdir: Cannot create /tmp/.X11-unix with root ownership
winValidateArgs - g_iNumScreens: 1 iMaxConsecutiveScreen: 1
winCheckDisplayNumber - Cygwin/X is already running on display 0

Fatal server error:
InitOutput - Duplicate invocation on display number: 0.  Exiting.

winDeinitMultiWindowWM - Noting shutdown in progress

(3) What about vnc? I have installed RealVNC on both the RH8 client and the
Windows 2003 server. Is there also a cygwin VNC? I don't remember seeing
one. Can I make vnc tunnel thru ssh? Would I use the -L or the -R qualifier
on ssh? What would that look like?

Thanks