Re: experimental coreutils-5.94-4

On Mar  1 16:44, Eric Blake wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin <at> cygwin.com> writes:
> >   Now, with the patch, they are listed even though they don't exists in
> >   reality on the drive.  The additional advantage is that the shell's
> >   file completion now also works for these paths.
>
> Now, what would be really cool is if the link count of directories with
> mount points could be updated, to match the fact that readdir can now see
> mount points:

I've checked in a patch which should accomplish that.  Note that /proc
and /cygdrive always have a link count of 1 now, as for remote
directories.  In case of /proc, the real link count would only
coincidentally match the number of subdirectories, while in case of
/cygdrive the evaluation of the link count would result in accessing the
floppy drive for each stat.  Since the link count of 1 is known to work
even with older find versions, that seems the best compromise to me.
Other than that, the link count should be correct now for local
directories.

Corinna

Red Hat