Re: curses.h

On Sat, Jan 21, 2006 at 08:01:36AM -0700, Eric Blake wrote:
> According to Bob Rossi on 1/21/2006 7:29 AM:
> >
> > I can admit that I changed the version of automake that I was using,
> > however I don't think that has much to do with looking for the files.
> > Here the related config.log. Has anything changed with Cygwin that would
> > cause this?
>
> Let's look at this a little closer:
>
> > configure:6066: checking curses.h presence
> > configure:6076: gcc -E  conftest.c
> > conftest.c:49:20: curses.h: No such file or directory
> > configure:6082: $? = 1
>
> Somehow, you've messed up your compilation environment.  You need to
> figure out why the compiler can't find headers.  Something to try would be
> taking the failed program (the next few lines in config.log), making a
> file with just those contents, and running the same gcc command line that
> configure tried, with -v added to see if gcc tells you more about the
> failure (such as which directories it searched).  Also, you may want to
> repost your cygcheck output, with your current setup (the last one you
> posted, at http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2006-01/msg00986.html, claimed that
> sh was not found, which hopefully has changed or you wouldn't have been
> able to run configure), to see if anyone spots a glaring problem in your
> setup.

Yup, things are screwed up all right.

[bar@bar-nt ~/cvs/cgdb/builddir/tmp] $ which gcc
/usr/bin/gcc

[bar@bar-nt ~/cvs/cgdb/builddir/tmp] $ gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 3.4.4 (cygming special) (gdc 0.12, using dmd 0.125)

[bar@bar-nt ~/cvs/cgdb/builddir/tmp] $ cat foo.c
#include <curses.h>

[bar@bar-nt ~/cvs/cgdb/builddir/tmp] $ gcc -c foo.c
foo.c:1:20: curses.h: No such file or directory

Is this expected behavior? I'm assuming you think I've broken something
on my end. If so, sorry. Another change I've made since this worked
last was that I updated my Cygwin install. Probably hadn't done that in
a year or so before. Geez, now that I'm writing this, I remember that
when it was updating, there were errors at the end, like "rm ..."
failed. But I thought that might have been OK. Great, this could be bad
news. Sorry for not stating this in the first place, I didn't remember.

BTW, Thanks for the great work distributing readline! My application
depends on the library being around.

Thanks,
Bob Rossi