Re: Downloading Cygwin under Linux ....

On 1/20/06, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:
> $ cyg-apt install lilypond
> to install:
>     libXft1 libXft2 ghostscript-base libreadline6 findutils xorg-x11-bin pcre pango-runtime libncurses8 glib2-runtime pcre-doc libintl fontconfig xorg-x11-base xorg-x11-fnts openssl097 python xterm X-startup-scripts xorg-x11-libs-data libncurses7 pango libpng12 xorg-x11-etc ghostscript libguile12 freetype2 xorg-x11-bin-lndir zlib libfreetype26 terminfo libfontconfig1 termcap pcre-devel tar expat xorg-x11-fenc texinfo xorg-x11-xwin mktemp bzip2 crypt gettext coreutils libgdbm3 tcltk libintl1 libintl2 libintl3 run libbz2_1 libpcre0 xorg-x11-bin-dlls libiconv2 cygwin bash libXft diffutils openssl lilypond libdb4.2 _update-info-dir gzip glib2 base-passwd

Jan, cyg-apt appears to be able to install packages on Cygwin as well as Linux.
Do you know if it has regularly been used in such a manner? The biggest concern
would be that if running under Cygwin it would not be able to install
cygwin1.dll.
While setup.exe is the only supported way of installing packages on Cygwin,
I would like to add this information to the FAQ as another option for users who
cannot use setup.exe to select packages (linux or blindness have come up several
times).