RE: procedure entry point getline could not be located

In my case, the following fix worked:
- delete all files from the local install directory
  e.g.  ftp%22%3A%2F%2F%somemirror-filefolder.com
- run setup, select All, then click the arrow switch to cycle through actions.
  Keep - Install - until "Uninstall" is displayed. Follow wizard until
  "Uninstall is complete".
- verify absence of cygwin1.dll (click desktop icon, get error)
- run setup.exe again, with "Defaults"
Cygwin runs, with just the basics. Find and startup work without the
"getline" error.

Now, let's see if I can add more than the basic defaults without horking it up...
- reboot
- run setup.exe
- choose a mirror
- make a zillion selections
- let the installer run

It works now!
I don't know which of these actions fixed the installation. Maybe one of the ini files in the install directory had a bad combination of versions. I'm sure I did not pick the exact same set of packages to install. I did not remove the exes and other files left behind after the uninstall.