Re: services not starting with 20060104 snapshot

Igor Peshansky wrote:
On Thu, 5 Jan 2006, Christopher Faylor wrote:

On Thu, Jan 05, 2006 at 03:21:37PM -0500, Igor Peshansky wrote:

FWIW, I have only tested this with a self-built DLL, not the snapshot.
Will do so shortly.

Make sure that you update to the latest CVS. I made some other changes last night. I don't see how they could resurrect this problem but, who knows?

I did.  I'm current with CVS.  Everything still works.  Just to be very
sure, I've also tried with the latest official snapshot (200601051745) --
no problems, services start normally.

Yeah, I may be more out-of-date with XP SP1 than you.  Or maybe it's
something else. ;-)

Larry, try completely commenting out the first if test in
fhandler_console::set_console_state_for_spawn().  If that restores the
functionality for you, look for related changes.  It's possible that the
CreateWindowStation(NULL, ...) actually fails on your machine, and doesn't
on mine.  Are you running as a privileged user?

Yes, I am. No dice on the above commenting out of the if test.

It appears your supposition is right.  The first call to CreateWindowStation()
fails for me.  Reason = "Access is denied".  So there is some weird
permissions problem.  I'll see if I can find something...

-- Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office 838 Washington Street (508) 893-9889 - FAX Holliston, MA 01746