setup/symlinks/gcc/chown question

Hi All...

I just installed gcc/mingw with setup.

If I do

cd /lib/gcc/i686-pc-mingw32/3.4.4
chown -R administrators.none *

it breaks the symlinks in the directory. If I do

chown administrators.none *

from a clean install, the symlinks are fine. If I recreate the symlinks by hand, then both forms of the chown command work fine. That is chown -R breaks the symlinks created during the install. If I reinstall gcc/mingw, I can repeat the process. A cygcheck output is attached.

This comes from a script that I run after running setup to fix up my mounts and permissions. Is there a better way to do this fixup? Two copies of the script are attached; the first with the chown -R that now breaks the symlinks and a temporary one that uses find to to avoid the chown -R, but the second is really slow.

Thanks,

...Karl