Re: A new day, a new snapshot, more testing required on the road to 1.5.19

On Mon, Sep 19, 2005 at 01:32:17PM -0700, David Rothenberger wrote:
>On 9/19/2005 1:28 PM, David Rothenberger wrote:
>>I've attached a sample Windows program that just invokes Sleep() as
>>well as a driver script. Compile the Windows program with:
>
>The driver script didn't come through for some reason. Here it is.
>
>------------------[ sleep.sh ]-----------------------
>#!/bin/bash
>
>date
>./winSleep $1
>date

Actually, I saw this in your original message.

This was YA exit race.  The changes that I made to cygwin last week to
fix problems on Windows 98 are uncovering other problems in cygwin's
exit code.  I've known that there are potential problems when cygwin
tries to exit after receiving a signal and you've uncovered one such
problem.

The current snapshot should fix this problem but, as I was fixing it, I
saw that there are a few more of these lurking in the code.  I'm really
loath to touch this code any more than I have to so close to a release,
though.  I hope that cygwin is now at least slightly better than it was
before I made my changes last week.

I guess it's time for another "more testing required" message...

Thanks, as always, for the test case, David.

cgf