RE: NFS-server - no access to mounted disks

> Thanks a lot for providing the NFS server
> for cygwing.
> Following the NFS-howto by Hugh Sparks
> http://www.csparks.com/CygwinNFS/index.xml
> I was able to set up the NFS server on my
> Win 2000 pro computer via cygwin.

Hi Christian,

  Glad you find it useful!  Thanks for the
pointer to the NFS-howto as well.

> However I have problems to get access to
> partitions other than C:/ which I have mounted
> on /mnt/c within cygwin.
>
> strangely when I try to mount my drive D:/ or
> G:/ only the C:/drive is mounted instead.
>
> Even more strange when I mount the F:/ drive
> everything seems to work fine.

> Do you have any idea about what's going wrong??
> Thanks a lot in advance.

Are D: and G: network drives?  There's a note about
this in the nfs-server README about problems related
to trying to export non-local drives.  That may be
your problem in this instance, though IIRC, the failure
mode in that case isn't the behavior you've encountered.

Unfortunately, I'm going to be out of the office
for the next three weeks starting on Monday.  So
I'm not going to get a chance to look at this
anytime soon.  I'll try to touch base with you
early next month and see if you're still having
these problems.  At that point, I may be able to
devote some time to investigating them.

-Samrobb