Re: 1.5.18: Problem launching URLs from Pine

Antony Baxter wrote:

> anything to work. At the moment I've set
>
>    url-viewers = /home/ant/bin/viewUrl
>
> in my .pinerc where viewUrl is a 1-line script as
> follows:
>
>    echo $1 >> /tmp/viewUrl.log
>
> When run from the command line this (obviously) works
> fine. However,

If it's a script file it probably needs a shebag as the first line
(#!/bin/sh).  Also, make sure it has execute permissions (chmod 755).

It depends on how pine tries to execute it though.  If it uses system()
then the shebang is not necessary, otherwise it probably is.

Brian