winclient from xemacs 21.4.17-1 says "Could not start process"

Hello,

When I try to run winclient, I get a Windows message box saying "Could
not start process".
I'm using the xemacs 21.4.17-1 package that is available via the cygwin
installer.
The error occurs whether I try to run it from a DOS prompt, from a Bash
prompt or directly from Windows Explorer.
gnuclient works fine (once I have my Xemacs up & running), but I have
used winclient before (on another PC) and found it more useful.

Has anyone seen this?  Any ideas?  Please help.  Thanks in advance.

-Sujay
--
Sujay Parekh