Bug in stty or /dev/ttySx handling code

Hi,

I'm seeing problems when I run stty. If I run stty -F /dev/ttyS0, it shows 0 baud. I found this thread from may that has the same issue:

http://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin/2005-05/msg00399.html

and I found that a patch was applied in 02/01/2003 that seems to prevent setting the baud if the DTR is zero. Why is the baud invalid when DTR is not set? It seems like to me that DTR doesn't/shouldn't have an affect on the reported baud. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks,
Peter