Re: setup.exe filename

On 8/7/05, Herb Martin <HerbM@learnquick.com> wrote:

> Which brings up those who wish to make it available for other
> (internal) users

Where I work, they've set up a internal cygwin mirror that's synched
everyday.  Works like a charm.

> Naming the program "setup.exe" is crude;  it should have a version
> number and something about "cygwin" in the name.

Wait a minute.  The full name of the file is
http://cygwin.com/setup.exe.  There is nothing confusing about it.  If
you look closely, (almost) every piece of software install program
contains a copy of setup.exe (or SETUP.EXE).  That seems to be the
Windows way of install programs.

> Couldn't you just name it something useful? (<ironic grin>)

Setup.exe is plenty useful.  I've been using it, you know, running it
everyday before I go making my tea, for the past eighteen years.  And
never had I been confused.

--
Weiqi Gao (高为奇)
weiqigao@gmail.com