Re: problem while connecting GDB to an ARM board

At 10:43 AM 8/4/2005, you wrote:
>I used to use linux to compile code for my ARM based board but I needed windows and cygwin 1.5.8 to connect to the platform and debug via the ARM Multi-ICE Server and the Multi-ICE gdb Server.
>I now have to stop using linux so, I installed the GNUARM Tool Chain for Cygwin. That Tool Chain needs 1.5.18 version of cygwin1.dll to work because it needs the _impure_ptr procedure.

_impure_ptr has been a part of Cygwin symbols for a long time now.  This is
not new with 1.5.18.  Perhaps you meant some specific element referenced
through _impure_ptr?  In any case, 1.5.18 is the version this list
recommends you run with when using Cygwin.

>I thaught it was right but I can not connect to the platform anymore and get "putpkt: write failed: Software caused connection abort" error on trying to connect.

This is really a better question for the GNUARM folks.  I'm not sure there
are allot of GNUARM Tool Chain users subscribed to this list.

Holliston, MA 01746