Re: IPv6 Libaries for Cygwin

Brian Dessent <brian <at> dessent.net> writes:

> Ross MacGillivray wrote:
>
> > > No, there is no IPv6 support.  The mailing list archives have details.
>
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> > I found the following unofficial IPv6 extension to Cygwin.
> > Is there any plans to incorporate this library into Cygwin?
> >
> > Any other comments about this library?
> >
> > http://win6.jp/Cygwin/
>
> Please read the previous threads where this has already been covered.
>
> Brian

As requested I searched the archive to get into 'synch' with the current
discussion on support for (or lack of support for) IPv6 in Cygwin.   The most
relevant post in the archive seemed to be from June 17, 2005:

 On Jun 17 10:39, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 17, 2005 at 10:36:29AM -0400, Fernando Barsoba wrote:
> >Ok, thanks.. It seems it might happen soon..(the implementation, not the
> >heat death of the universe, I guess..)
> >
> >I'll hold tight until then..!
>
> I haven't seen any indication that this is going to happen soon.  There has
> been zero activity on this since Corinna's message, referenced below.

I got no reply from Jun-ya, but he's still keeping his page in sync
with the latest Cygwin release.  I'll ask him again if and when he's
going to contribute code.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc."

Has anyone heard from the folks in Japan about contributing their IPv6 to the
Cygwin environment.   I did try installing their dll, and resolved some of the
compile problems that I am having, but not quite all of them.

/Ross