Numlock and java applications

Hello,
I'm developping and testing java application under KDE (3.4.0)
environment trough cygwing running on Windows XP. If numlock key is
active, some keys of my keyboard (enter, arrows, numpad keys, backspace)
don't work any more with any java application.
Is there any patch anywhere to make java application working properly
without having to unlock numlock key?

Thanx for your answer...