Re: error initdb-failed

Juliano Francisco Angeli wrote:

Hello,

I am installing postgresql in the Windows 98 with cygwin. A signal error 12 is happening (initdb-failed). Necessary to install postgres in the Windows 98, then I am using win98, cygwin
and postgresql-7.4.3.

They help me? I did not find nothing in the aid InterNet?

I am thankful for the attention.

Juliano F. Angeli

Have you actually read /usr/share/doc/Cygwin/postgresql-x.x.x.README?

That README contains detailed information on how to setup postgresql properly. In any case, my guess is that you do not have the proper setting for the CYGWIN environment variable. On the default cygwin shell (bash), you could try doing this:

export CYGWIN=server

Then, try running initdb. If that does not work still, please give more details into what you're doing or, take a look at http://cygwin.com/problems.html and read the part that talks about running cygcheck.

HTH.

Thanks!

Best Regards,

Carlo