Re: Unicode in filenames support? (FAQ update needed)

On Tue, Jun 07, 2005 at 02:17:02PM -0400, Williams, Gerald S (Jerry) wrote:
>Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>>Not that I know of.  We're discussing to convert Cygwin's path handling
>>to use Unicode for a while now, but it will take time.  Don't expect
>>this any time soon.
>
>I've been off of the developer list for a while now, and now the
>archives are subscriber only.  :-(

Joshua, any chance I could get a FAQ entry about this?

>However, it was NTFS-specific and Cygwin went a different
>route (which has path length limitations, but I digress).

And, Joshua could I get a FAQ entry about this, too?  This has got to be
at least the fifth time that someone has felt compelled to make the
observation that the current implementation of managed mode has path
length limitations.  Maybe a managed mode section would be useful in
general.

cgf