Re: How to separate backspace and control-J functions?

"airplays55@yahoo.com" wrote:

> Anyways, isn't there a terminal type for use with
> cygwin that will differentiate between BACKSPACE and
> ^H?
>
> I'm surprised that cygwin does not, because every
> linux/unix system I've used easily distinguished
> between the two.

As Eric said, if you're using a CMD.EXE window, then no.  If you're
using rxvt or xterm, then yes, certainly.  I don't really see how you
can complain about a CMD.EXE window not being able to differentiate
backspace because CMD.EXE sucks so hard in so many other ways that I
can't understand why anyone that cares about a quality terminal would
consider using it.

Brian