Re: Fixing strace and cygcheck so that they work with mount -X

On Mon, May 09, 2005 at 09:19:14PM +0200, Michael Schaap wrote:
>On 9-May-2005 19:22, David Rothenberger wrote:

>>> I would appreciate it if people would check out the latest snapshot to
>>> verify if I actually got this working in all scenarios (directories
>>> mounted with -X, -x, not mounted at all, or mounted without -X and -x).
>>

>> Does cygstart also need to be fixed? I've found that it doesn't
>> propagate the full Cygwin environment when /bin is mounted in cygexec
>> mode.
>>
>> % cygstart -- /bin/rxvt -e bash -c "'env; read x'"
>>
>> prints out a small set of environment variables when /bin is mounted
>> in cygexec. When /bin is mounted normally, it gets the full environment.
>>
>Well, cygstart is a proper Cygwin executable. However, it does use a
>Windows API call (ShellExecute, see "cygstart --reference") to execute
>whatever needs to be started, so I can see how it might depend on a
>properly synchronized Windows environment.
>
>If anyone can tell me how to do this, I'll be happy to make the change
>to cygstart.

This shows what I did to cygcheck:

http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/winsup/utils/cygcheck.cc.diff?cvsroot=uberbaum&r1=1.65&r2=1.66

It's possible that the environment code may just work.  Otherwise,
you'll have to grab the environment from cygwin and build a new
environment block, I assume.

cgf