Re: Compiling purely native (mingw) win32 apps under cygwin...

Jani Tiainen wrote:
Larry Hall kirjoitti:

At 05:42 AM 3/27/2005, you wrote:

Hi all!

I was wondering what I have to do to get purely native win32 app to build under cygwin. I know that -mnocygwin directive drops out dependency to cygwin1.dll, but how about other libraries?

How I can make a separate sandbox for my purposes that in any case even two versions of libs exists cygwin uses only my own libs..?

If you don't want or need the Cygwin layer, you can always just download,
install, and use the MinGW version of gcc/g++ (see www.mingw.org). The
'-mno-cygwin' flag to the Cygwin version of gcc/g++ is meant to be a convenient option to get the same results as the MinGW version without
installing a copy. Still, if MinGW is what you want and all you ever want,
you're better off using it that the Cygwin switch.

If you're ever unsure about which DLLs got linked into your executable/DLL,
simply run 'cygcheck <foo>', where <foo> is the executable/DLL in question.
It will list all the implicitly loaded DLL dependencies. If there are any
Cygwin dependencies, you'll see them.

Well I need Cygwin for build environment since mingw/msys package doesn't work well with automake/autoconf.

But still is there some special environment vars (like PKG_CONFIG_PATH) that I have to set to make things sure..?

And of course I use Cygwin for ssh + xorg connectivity to my Linux server...

Well, according to the MinGW web site, it's very easy to work with both. Just make sure the MinGW /bin is before the Cygwin /bin. See the FAQ entry:

http://www.mingw.org/mingwfaq.shtml#faq-usingwithcygwin

--
Jonathan Arnold     (mailto:jdarnold@buddydog.org)
Amazing Developments       http://www.buddydog.org

I feel like a fugitive from the law of averages. -
 William H. Mauldin