Bash hangs, CTRL-C required

Hi

When I try to open Cygwin's Bash window, nothing further happens: the
cursor blinks in the left upper corner, no login happens. The windows
reacts on CTRL-C though. After CTRL-C I am requested to confirm the
current batch excecution with yes/no. After confirmation I get a Bash
prompt (sometimes), although it's not my custom profile's prompt.

Don't know where this behaviour came from, as I did not change anything
by myself. I also tried to reinstall the base files again, but it did
not help.

Has anybody an idea what's going on here?

-Patrick