Re: Unable to delete a number of directories...

At 03:47 PM 2/16/2005, you wrote:
If your getting access denied then you're not the owner.

Only one user on this system, and I'm the one who installed it...

What do you see when you open an Explorer, right click on the Cygwin folder, select Properties. Do you see a Security tab.

Nope, I have General, Sharing, or Customize. General has the read-only tick. If I untick it, I get the access denied.

Under Sharing is Local sharing and security (disabled) and networking sharing and security (disabled). Customize has folder options and folder security. And I confirmed my account is computer administrator.

If so go there then click Advanced, then Owner. Select your user and that should recursively take ownership of the folder. Not certain on XP Home if this is exactly the same but it's similar. You can check it by OKing out of everything then going back to the Security tab. It should list the user you selected there at least. Plus the Advanced: Owner tab should show the new owner. At this point deletion should be possible.

This is XP home, which I don't believe has folder ownership?

Evan