RE: insensitive case problem in latest cygwin

  Rather than get into purely theoretical arguments, I prefer to get empirical:

----------------<snip!>----------------
C:\Documents and Settings\dk\test>dir
 Volume in drive C has no label.
 Volume Serial Number is 942E-907E

 Directory of C:\Documents and Settings\dk\test

15/02/2005  10:28    <DIR>          .
15/02/2005  10:28    <DIR>          ..
15/02/2005  10:28                 0 aaa
               1 File(s)              0 bytes
               2 Dir(s)  71,941,922,816 bytes free

C:\Documents and Settings\dk\test>ren aaa AAA

C:\Documents and Settings\dk\test>dir
 Volume in drive C has no label.
 Volume Serial Number is 942E-907E

 Directory of C:\Documents and Settings\dk\test

15/02/2005  10:28    <DIR>          .
15/02/2005  10:28    <DIR>          ..
15/02/2005  10:28                 0 AAA
               1 File(s)              0 bytes
               2 Dir(s)  71,941,922,816 bytes free

C:\Documents and Settings\dk\test>move AAA aaa

C:\Documents and Settings\dk\test>dir
 Volume in drive C has no label.
 Volume Serial Number is 942E-907E

 Directory of C:\Documents and Settings\dk\test

15/02/2005  10:28    <DIR>          .
15/02/2005  10:28    <DIR>          ..
15/02/2005  10:28                 0 aaa
               1 File(s)              0 bytes
               2 Dir(s)  71,941,922,816 bytes free

C:\Documents and Settings\dk\test>
C:\Documents and Settings\dk\test>bash
dk@mace /win/c/Documents and Settings/dk/test> ls
aaa
dk@mace /win/c/Documents and Settings/dk/test> mv aaa AAA
dk@mace /win/c/Documents and Settings/dk/test> ls
AAA
dk@mace /win/c/Documents and Settings/dk/test> mv AAA aaa
dk@mace /win/c/Documents and Settings/dk/test> ls
aaa
dk@mace /win/c/Documents and Settings/dk/test> uname -a
CYGWIN_NT-5.1 mace 1.5.13(0.116/4/2) 2004-12-01 10:15 i686 unknown unknown
Cygwin
dk@mace /win/c/Documents and Settings/dk/test>

  That's NTFS, BTW, but it seems fine under both cygwin and DOS to me.  The only
thing I couldn't get to work was "copy AAA aaa" or "cp AAA aaa"; that didn't
work under either.

    cheers,
      DaveK