Re: Python 2.4's test_threadedtempfile failing (was Re: hyperthreading fix try #2)

Christopher Faylor wrote:
On Mon, Feb 14, 2005 at 01:12:53PM +1000, Nick Coghlan wrote:
I can't say for sure if it's a regression, since I never got 1.5.12 to work properly at all (and hence didn't back up the bin directory before dropping the snapshot binaries into it). At the moment, I'm curious if the test passes on non-hyperthreaded machines.

The test passes on this hyperthreaded machine or at least it doesn't
hang.  I have been running it repeatedly.  I do occasionally get a 'bad
file descriptor' error but the test keeps on running.

Most odd. Anyway, I'm far more comfortable hacking Python than I am Cygwin, so I'll get back to the list once I've taken some more time to dig into the guts of the failing test.

For the pipe-handling issue, I take the fact that Python's test_subprocess passed as a very good sign, since I understand that uses pipes for its inter-process communication.

Regards,
Nick.

--
Nick Coghlan   |   ncoghlan@email.com   |   Brisbane, Australia