Re: cc1plus : out of memory

Ugh, top-posting...  Reformatted.

On Mon, 7 Feb 2005, Alexis Cothenet wrote:

> On Mon, 7 Feb 2005, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 7 Feb 2005, Alexis Cothenet wrote:
> >
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > the subject is the error message i gave compiling a simple programm
> > > on cygwin. I tried to compile it under Linux OS and it worked fine.
> > > Does someone knows what is the problem and how could i soulve it ?
> >
> > You could start by reviewing and following the Cygwin problem reporting
> > guidelines at <http://cygwin.com/problems.html>...  Also,
> > <http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PPAST>.
> > 	Igor
>
> Hi,
>
> I have already seen this page but this mailing list seems to me
> the better one for this question, am i wrong ?
> I have ever checked on google what could be the reason of this message
> during a compilation.
> It was indicated that it could be relied on the gcc version but
> the cygwin gcc version i have is 3.3.3 and it didn't work. The Linux gcc
> version on which i compiled with success is 2.96...
>
> Does someone has ever had this problem using cygwin ?
> (I didn't found it on the archives...)

What exactly on that page made you think you should address another list?
The page does ask you to provide the information about your system by
attaching the output of "cygcheck -svr".  I've also asked you to "Please
Provide A Simple Testcase" (that's what PPAST means, since you obviously
haven't followed the acronym link).  Without this information (your system
setup, environment, the exact program that produced this error and how you
compile it) nobody on this list will be able to help you.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

"The Sun will pass between the Earth and the Moon tonight for a total
Lunar eclipse..." -- WCBS Radio Newsbrief, Oct 27 2004, 12:01 pm EDT