Re: Setup.exe problem: double-click selects wrong version

On 01/27/2005 at 10:32:51 AM, "Max Bowsher"  wrote:
Why should setup be any different from other applications?

Can anyone quote any existing single-clickable UI components that
de-duplicate double clicks?
--- end of excerpt ---

The first ones that come to mind are pretty obvious:
Windows desktop icons (since they went to default "hover == select, single
click==open)
model. Hyperlinks in IE and firefox.

In any case. I didn't say that setup should behave that way or that I
agreed
with the argument, I said it was a reasonable argument to have and someone
should
consider working on a patch if they want it that way.

"The stuff we call "software" is not like anything that human society
  is used to thinking about. Software is something like a machine, and
  something like mathematics, and something like language, and
  something like thought, and art, and information...
  but software is not in fact any of those other things."
Bruce Sterling - The Hacker Crackdown

Fred A. Kulack - IBM eServer iSeries - Enterprise Application Solutions
ERP, Java DB2 access, Jdbc, JTA, etc...
IBM in Rochester, MN  (Phone: 507.253.5982   T/L 553-5982)
mailto:kulack/us.ibm.com   Personal: mailto:kulack/gmail.com
AIM Home:FKulack  AIM Work:FKulackWrk
MSN Work: fakulack/hotmail.com (replace email / with @)