Re: Problem uninstalling/deleting cygwin - Solved

> after a (stupid) attempt to install an older version of cygwin over my
> current installation (using the "cygwin time machine" mentioned some
> days ago) I just wanted to throw it away and start anew, but the cygwin
> directory is undeletable.
>
> This is due to some symbolic links from versions of uninstalled programs
> pointing to nowhere (i.e. /usr/autotool/devel/bin/automake, which is a
> symlink to automake-1.9).
> I am able to change owner and permissions of these files to whatever I
> want, but I can not delete them ("Permission denied").
>
> What should I do, to get a clean new install?

Although I am sure to have installed both versions as the same user (I
always use a domain login), those links are owned by my computer login.
When I change ownership via windows explorer and set the permissions I
need, everything can be deleted.

This didn't work with cygwin. Although I was able to change the
ownership of the links to any user I wanted, I was not able to delete
them.

Thanks for the help

Neven