Re: bug in chown()

Corinna Vinschen writes:

> On Jan 13 06:40, Eric Blake wrote:
> > In trying to get the newly released coreutils 5.3.0 tarball working on
> > cygwin, I discovered that cygwin chown() has a bug.  Background:
> Do you intend to take over maintainership of coreutils?  I would be *so*
> happy!

You're on to me!  I was hoping to get a successful build locally before
making my intents public, but yes, I was trying to see if I could take
over maintainership.

> Did you see my Cygwin specific patches in the source tar archive of
> coreutils 5.2.1 in the Cygwin net distro?  It's all in the subdirectory
> called "CYGWIN", diffs and ChangeLogs.

I've seen the patches, but haven't tried to fold them into the 5.3.0 release
yet.  I'm not sure how easily they will apply, so I wanted to get a pristine
coreutils tarball working as much as possible first.

> > However, in cygwin, chown() appears to have no effect whatsoever on the
> > change time.  (gid_t)0 is the 'root' group.  I tested this on a WinXP
>
> I'm going to fix that.

Thanks.  I verified that the 20050114 snapshot fixed chown() bug.

--
Eric Blake