Re: Installing cygwin on Win XP Pro for multiple users

At 10:16 AM 1/12/2005, you wrote:
>All,
>I have browsed the cygwin documentation, FAQ, and news group
>emails and still have some general questions.
>
>We have installed cygwin and checked the option to install for
>"multiple users". Does cygwin support multiple users on win XP Pro?
>Is there any documentation or FYI's anyone can pass on with respect
>to anything I should know about multiple users on a winXP box
>using the same cygwin install?

There's no document detailing any usage differences from Linux/UNIX, no.
A couple of things I can think of that are worth noting is that Cygwin is
not a secure environment, which has more bearing in a multi-user environment,
and 'su' doesn't work (use 'ssh' instead).

Holliston, MA 01746