Re: Error with managed mount point.

At 02:06 PM 12/15/2004, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>If someone can point me to the proper place, I would
>be willing to further analyze this, but this is the issue:
>
>Files/Directories that end in a '.'(dot) are not retaining
>the dot.  For example:
>
>I am attempting to untar a tarball that contains this (done on a linux box)

<snip>

>When I try to explode the same tarball on a managed mountpoint under cygwin,
>I don't get the Netscape_COMM._Corp.
>or the Sun_Microsystems_Corp. directories.
>
>I don't know whether the issue is in cygwin1.dll, or in mount, or where I should
>start to look for this.

It's really a Windows issue but since I believe the goal of managed mounts
is to remove Windows impediments like this, one could say it's a problem with
managed mounts.  I expect you'd need to look at some source code to track
the problem and propose a solution though, if there's one to be had. ;-)

Holliston, MA 01746