Re: sshd in Windows 2003 server

Thanks Bill,
your suggestion did the trick. It wouldn't be a bad idea to remind at /usr/share/doc/Cygwin/openssh.README that sshd only works if cygwin is installed for all users (which is obvious, though)

That's what I did to fix it
*delete the sshd_server
*remove the NT service with "cygrunsrv --remove sshd"
*Run the cygwin setup just changing "Just Me" to "All Users"
*rerun ssh-host-config

best regards

William R. Knox wrote:

A usual question (sent strictly to you as I'm not sure if it is at all
relevant) - did you install Cygwin for All Users or for yourself only? If
you installed only for yourself, try reinstalling for All Users and see if
this clears it up (no guarantees here, so don't do anything that would
cause a lot of hassle for yourself based on my word alone). Good luck, and
feel free to forward this message to the list if this solves it for you
and you want to share the solution.

			Bill Knox
			Lead Operating Systems Programmer/Analyst
			The MITRE Corporation