Re: httpd-2.0.52 (Apache2) testers wanted / maintainer searched

Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
On Mon, 29 Nov 2004, Jon A. Lambert wrote:

Jon A. Lambert wrote:
But now how do I run this build-script and from where?

Sorry some additional information of what I tried [snip] jlambert@agamemnon /oem-install $ ./httpd-2.0.52-1.sh <------- doesn't seem to do anything

Did you actually take a look at the script? It's a shell script, and should be easily readable. The argument processing is at the very end.

Ah! I now see it does everything for me automagically if everything is sitting in the right place. I had deleted the Apache source after manually
untarring it. Anyway I got it everything built and running.

In case anyone else is trying it out, I also had to do the following:

Manually run the postinstall
$ /etc/postinstall/httpd.sh

Edit the /etc/apache2/httpd.conf
At the very minimum you need to change ServerRoot
ServerRoot "/var/www"

Add a user - nobody is the default in the conf file - I used www
$ net user nobody /add /fullname:"Cygwin Apache2" /homedir:"c:\cygwin\var\empty" /active:no
$ mkpasswd -l -u nobody >> /etc/passwd

Change the permissions on this directory as the script creates it under my id
$ chmod o+w apache2

Add the environment option "CYGWIN=server" to the service install.
$ cygrunsrv -I apache2 -p /usr/sbin/httpd -a "-DNO_DETACH" -d "CYGWIN Apache2" -o -y cygserver -e "CYGWIN=server"

Thanks for your help.