where is mail command?

As I recall, there is a mail command on most implementations of U*X. So I
looked thru the documentation in Cygwin and could find no documentation. The
mail command is not working either.

When I type "info mail" at the bash prompt I see "Unable to find node
referenced by mailshar". "man mail" says "No manual entry for mail". I tried
looking in the 4 documentation directories too -- no luck again.

 Can someone point me to the documentation on the mail command where I could
learn how to configure it for my ISP?

Thanks,
    Siegfried