Re: Revised precompiled header support on cygwin

Brian Ford wrote:
Does any of this help you understand where CGF is coming from?

Brian,

Thanks for taking the time to explain the situation to me.

I'm not sure what I'll do at this point.

I think this is a worthwhile patch in general. The precompiled
header processing in gcc is a valuable feature to be able to use.

I can understand the reasons to avoid cygwin local patches.

Unfortunately some of the host-*.c details changed between 3.4.1
and 3.4.2, and right now I'm using 3.4.1. I suspect submitting the
3.4.1 based patches to the gcc mainainers won't cut it because
they're past that point.

I suppose this will have to wait until I can find the opportunity
to move to 3.4.2 --- or later.

Earl