Re: Setup failure: mount error

Luke Kendall wrote:

Anyway, the final experiment I can try now is to run "mount" from the
network install, and see it it makes Cygwin uninstallable again, without
a Windows reinstall.

Okay, after doing running the command:

mount

from the network-installed Cygwin, on the local machine the registry is
changed to have keys under HKCU and HKLM Software->Cygnus Solutions->
Cygwin->mounts v2->  (Default) REG_SZ (value not set).

I didn't think to check the actual value until after starting the next
test setup.exe run, at which point I noticed that there's also a
Software->Cygnus Solutions->Cygwin->Program Options that is the same:
(Default) REG_SZ (value not set).

But although the installation paused for a minute after the Download
phase, it's gotten past where it did before, and is happily installing
packages.

Dunno. Maybe this is just a weird PC. I can't reproduce the problem.

luke