Re: Memory debugging under cygwin

Dan Osborne schrieb:
Reini Urban wrote:
Great shame that valgrind isn't ported to cygwin!

but dmalloc is. after libtoolizing and autoreconf with latest autotools just add AM_WITH_DMALLOC to your configure.in

Hmmm, I've yet to bite the libtool bullet but if it gets dmalloc working maybe nows the time to do it. For C++ do you still have to override new and delete yourself or has AM_WITH_DMALLOC done it automatically?

I haven't tried c++, but cygwin core does it. cvs up the winsup from cygwin.com and check it out.

Also, where would people recommend I start investigating libtool -
http://sources.redhat.com/autobook/autobook/autobook_toc.html?

Yes, the book for the start, the info files (covers all the switches, the book is just an overall jump start) and existing complicated configurations.