Re: cygserver won't start (FAQ alert)[SOLVED]

Larry Hall wrote:

True but you won't see a difference. When you say "Task Scheduler", you
mean the Windows service/utility, right? Just curious. There's the same
issue with 'cron' and any service that runs under "SYSTEM". It has no access to shares that require authentication to access. So you either need to make your shares accessible to everyone or run the service under
your user name and only for your user.

Not sure I understood all that. I have been attempting to run the scheduled task under the one-and-only username that ever accesses this box. (That's where the mapped network drives live.) So is it possible that re-installing as "Everyone" will fix it?

I've been thoroughly stumped thus far as to why a bash script that runs fine from the command prompt misbehaves from task scheduler even tho running as the same user.

Thanks,
Michael