Re: cygheap problems with 1.5.11

    > Not sure what happened, but yesterday I was compiling diacanvas2, and
    > when I ran make check I got cygheap errors when running the test
    > programs.  Now since then more and more apps are giving me the same
    > error.  Searching the mail archives brought up a thread from April,
    > but I don't think it's relevant here, as my Windows is up-to-date.

    > I tried running rebaseall several times (without errors), rebooting,
    > reinstalled the affected programs, and also tried the latest snapshot,
    > but nothing helps.  This is the first time I've had such problems on
    > cygwin.  For example:

    > $ gpg --version
    >       12 [main] ? 1212 cygheap_fixup_in_child: Couldn't reserve
    >       9891528 bytes of space for cygwin's heap (0x61780000 <0x4A0000>)
    >       in child, Win32 error 487
    > C:\cygwin\bin\gpg.exe (1212): *** m.AllocationBase 0x0, m.BaseAddress
    > 0x61780000, m.RegionSize 0x3C0000, m.State 0x10000

    > cygcheck output is attached.

I noticed the same. But I'm not sure when it start happening.
I recently upgraded to cygwin-1.5.11, the latest xorg- stuff
and also to zlib-1.2.1/bzip2-1.0.2. Afterwards I had problems
with apache which could be solved as usually with a rebaseall
including my self compiled dll's.

I only noticed the problem after this procedure. So I'm not sure
what's the culprit.

In my case the cygheap_fixup_in_child error manifests only in a
couple of gnome1 applications which I compiled by myself. It looks as
so all apps which are dependent on /opt/gnome1/bin/cygart_lgpl-2.dll
are infected. All my other gnome1 apps works just fine. For example:

08:15 AM [741]> cygcheck /opt/gnome1/bin/gnubg.exe
D:/opt/gnome1/bin/gnubg.exe
  D:/opt/gnome1/bin\cygart_lgpl-2.dll                   <----
    D:\bin\cygwin1.dll
      C:\WINNT\system32\ADVAPI32.DLL
        C:\WINNT\system32\NTDLL.DLL
        C:\WINNT\system32\KERNEL32.DLL
        C:\WINNT\system32\RPCRT4.DLL
  D:/opt/gnome1/bin\cyggdk.dll
    D:/opt/gnome1/bin\cygglib.dll
    D:\usr\X11R6\bin\cygX11-6.dll
    D:\usr\X11R6\bin\cygXext-6.dll
  D:/opt/gnome1/bin\cyggtk.dll
    D:/opt/gnome1/bin\cyggmodule.dll
    D:\bin\cygintl-3.dll
      D:\bin\cygiconv-2.dll
  D:/opt/gnome1/bin\cyggtkgl-4.dll
    D:\usr\X11R6\bin\cygGL-1.dll
  D:\usr\X11R6\bin\cygGLU-1.dll
  D:\bin\cygfreetype-6.dll
    D:\bin\cygz.dll
  D:\bin\cyggdbm-4.dll
  D:\bin\cyggmp-3.dll
  D:\bin\cygguile-12.dll
    D:\bin\cygguile-ltdl-1.dll
  D:\bin\cygintl-2.dll
  D:\bin\cygpng12.dll
  D:\bin\cygreadline5.dll
    D:\bin\cygncurses7.dll
    C:\WINNT\system32\USER32.dll
      C:\WINNT\system32\GDI32.DLL
  D:\bin\cygxml2-2.dll
  D:\bin\libpython2.3.dll
  D:\bin\cygesd-0.dll
    D:\bin\cygaudiofile-0.dll
  D:\usr\local\bin\cyggen-0.dll

I'm not seeing the problem so far with officially released apps.
For example gpg --version works fine here.
So I think I'm on my own here.

    > Yaakov

Ciao
  Volker