Re: cygrunsrv fails to run services

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004, Gerrit P. Haase wrote:

> Igor wrote:
>
> Coming back with this now. Today I upgraded cygwin from 1.5.5 to 1.5.11
> at another box, now the same problems here, starting sshd gives me an
> error 1062 or 1067, depending on the way how I start it, via Service
> Control or via cygrunsrv from the prompt.  I have check_case:strict here
> too.  Removing check_case:strict from the environment resolves the
> problem.

Another workaround is to fix the cases of directories in your PATH.  If
you do that, you can keep the "check_case:strict" setting.

> Now I wonder what was changed in Cygwin so that it doesn't work anymore
> when check_case:strict is defined, it used to work back in the good old
> B20 days up to at least 1.5.5 and now with 1.5.10 it doesn't work
> anymore, sigh!
>
> Gerrit

That's a good question.  Try as I might, I couldn't see *any* changes in
the path.cc code that could have caused this behavior to change.  All of
the relevant code was written as far back as 2001...

FWIW, I'm hoping to submit a patch tonight with one possible fix for this.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

"Happiness lies in being privileged to work hard for long hours in doing
whatever you think is worth doing."  -- Dr. Jubal Harshaw