Cygwin login

I've read the man pages for cygwin's 'login' command and have found little
information to know exactly what it does.  I assume it lets you login with a
username but I have tried over and over with no luck.  My only guess is that
'login' uses the local machine or domain accounts (one of which isn't
working correctly).

Any explanation of "login" would be helpful.

John
www.recaffeinated.com