Cannot find C:\cygwin\cygwin.bat

I had/have cygwin working for a while now. Yesterday I
did something stupid, and now double-clicking the
cygwin link on my windows xp desktop gives me the
message: "Cannot find C:\cygwin\cygwin.bat".

I was trying to get add an option for startxwin, so I
right-clicked the link I had for startxwin. Then next
to a icon of a bat file, there was a line with
"startxwin". I changed that to "startxwin
-emulate3buttons". Obviously it did not work, so I
changed it back. But now I can't double-click the link
anymore. gives me that dreaded message..

I've been searching for a solution, and the closest I
got was this August/04 thread which mentions possible
permissions messed up.

----------------------------------quote:
> At 12:31 PM 8/12/2004, you wrote:
...cut

> >"Cannot find C:\cygwin\cygwin.bat or one of its
components".

http://cygwin.com/problems.html

> It would also be helpful, specifically, to know what
you did that
> generates that message.

  I'll bet the answer will be "Double-clicked the
cygwin icon"!

  If the batch file is there, but it can't run, the
permissions on it are
probably messed up.

How do I check these permissions? What should they be?

Thanks in advance,
Carlos