Re: Is setup.exe _supposed_ to delete the cygwin dll before attempting to run shell scripts?

On Fri, 24 Sep 2004, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> On Sep 24 12:48, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> > On Fri, Sep 24, 2004 at 05:31:34PM +0100, Dave Korn wrote:
> > >This time I'm keeping a full list of everything that's in my /bin
> > >directory.  Next time anything bombs out I'm going to be able to
> > >_prove_ setup deleted it.
> >
> > I think the cygwin1.dll deletion has been reported before.  Maybe
> > there's a problem in the dependency logic.  It seems like setup.exe
> > should know that the cygwin package needs to be installed before
> > everything else.
>
> ...and it should be uninstalled as last package.  Otherwise preremove
> scripts are a bit under pressure...
>
> Corinna

This is more likely to be the culprit -- postinstall scripts are run after
all the package files were installed.  Unfortunately, preremove script
dependencies aren't easily computed from regular package dependencies --
this has been discussed on cygwin-apps some time ago.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

"Happiness lies in being privileged to work hard for long hours in doing
whatever you think is worth doing."  -- Dr. Jubal Harshaw