Re: Cygwin processes getting stuck on max CPU usage; XP SP2 problem?

Andrew DeFaria <Andrew <at> DeFaria.com> writes:

> Ah ha! I thought only I was seeing this oddity! What I would see is
> csrss consuming CPU wildly along with cron and inetd.

I've also seen this with cron (I don't run inetd).  I have a cron job which
kicks off updatedb in the middle of the day.  I would get the crss-related cpu
eating at about the time the updatedb job kicked off.  Stopping cron would
sometimes (but not always) fix the problem.  I sometimes run gvim (not-cygwin)
as a background task, lauched from a cygwin rxvt.  Closing down all my gvims and
rxvts would also sometimes fix the problem.

BTW, I recall seeing some discussions on the web about various bugs in crss.  I
couldn't find a real good example page, but here is a google link for your
convenience :)

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&q=crss.exe+bug+cpu&btnG=Search

cc