RE: Is setup.exe _supposed_ to delete the cygwin dll before attempting to run shell scripts?

  And of course there's no easy way to restore that one once it's gone,
because I can't run tar without cygiconv-2.dll, so I can't get it back from
my setup directory.  And even if I did have a way of untar-ing it, there's
still no way I could get it, because setup has helpfully deleted bzip2 for
me.

  Is there _anything_ in setup that is supposed to make sure it doesn't
delete executable files that it vitally needs to successfully complete its
operations?

    cheers,
      DaveK